CHFA Members receive the CAIA Member/Candidate rate!
California has established itself as the global leader in internet, technology and industrial advances. Easy access to capital provides California with the opportunity to attract talented entrepreneurs and create an environment that nurtures new innovations and disruptive technologies. When new companies are successful, the money comes right back to California, funding a new generation of ventures. It is this ecosystem that has made California a rich and fertile ground for raising capital and incubating the next generation of companies.
CAIA San Francisco is hosting an educational panel event for its Members, Candidates and Guests addressing topics related to successful capital raising in California, including:
- Sources of capital (VC, PE and Crowd Funding), their salient features, advantages & differences
- Industries, sectors & business stages these sources of capital support
- Criteria to enable funding through these sources and the hurdles typically encountered
- Role of the California government in enabling, supporting and protecting the industry & the benefits it receives, as well as the role of regulation and the SEC
- Recent valuations of social media and SaaS (Software as a Service) companies
- Availability of capital and trends in raising new capital
The discussion panel will feature:
- Mark Anson, CIO, Bass Family Office & CAIA Board Member (moderator)
- Sean Bill, Investment Program Manager, Valley Transportation Authority, & Trustee, City of San Jose Police and Fire Department Retirement Plan
- Mike Cagney, Co-Founder & CEO, Chairman, SoFi
6:00pm Panel Discussion
CAIA Members & Candidates - $15.00
CHFA Members - $15.00
Guests - $20.00
To register, click here >>
For questions related to this event, please contact email@example.com.