Secure Daughters, Confident Sons
By Glenn T. Stanton
Raise secure, confident kids in a gender-confused world
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
· what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages—and why you shouldn’t panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister’s dolls.
· how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance—whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
· how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks—in ways that fit his unique personality.
· how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
· what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children’s God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their stregth to make a difference in the world.