PARTICIPANT RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Gloria Gemma Run/Walk Series 2018
1. I understand that my acceptance of this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement terms is required for participation in the Flames of Hope Run/Walk Series. This Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement includes, but is not limited to, training walks prior to the September 30, 2018 Flames of Hope Run/Walk Series Event, which includes: Gloria Gemma Run/Walk Series, Kids Fun Run and Pink Pump Palooza (collectively, the “Event”). I further understand that there are risks and dangers, including death, inherent in participating in the Event.
Finalizing the 2018 Online Registration Form and/or signing below is my acknowledgement of having read, understood, and agreed to the terms of this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement.
2. As a condition of participating in the Event, I agree to and hereby do (A) assume any and all risks arising out of or in any way relating to my participation in the Event, and, (B) on behalf of myself and my survivors, heirs, estate, personal representatives, and assigns, release and hold harmless (i) The Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, and its affiliates, divisions, assigns, successors in interest, agents, servants, contractors, vendors, employees, officers, trustees, and directors, past, present, and future, and each of them, and (ii) agencies, sponsors, officials, and volunteers, including training walk leaders, participating communities and clubs and all government and public or quasi-public entities including, but not limited to, the state, and local municipalities where the Event takes place (those listed in (i), and (ii), collectively herein called the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, or causes of action (including without limitation those relating to personal injury, property damage, and/or wrongful death) that I have or may ever have, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, and even if caused by the negligent acts or omissions of others, arising out of or in any way relating to my participation in the Event (collectively, the “Claims”). It is understood that “property damage” shall be deemed to mean, without limitation, any Claims in respect of my personal property, whether allegedly lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed, and whether left in the care of an employee or agent of a Released Party or otherwise.
3. This Release, Waiver and Agreement herein constitutes a complete, perpetual, and unconditional release, discharge, and waiver of any and all Claims against the Released Parties.
4. I understand and agree that this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving, and forever relinquishing any and all Claims under Rhode Island law that I may have or have had on my own behalf and on behalf of my survivors, heirs, estate, personal representatives, and assigns, whether past, present, or future, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, arising out of or in any way relating to my participation in the Event.
5. I understand that by agreeing to this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death, injury or property damage suffered by me while participating in the Event and further that I assume the risk of traveling to and from the Event.
6. I understand that I am solely responsible for my health and safety in connection with the Event, and I acknowledge that I am physically capable of participating in and completing the Event.
7. I agree to allow the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation to use my portrait or picture as well as my voice, likeness/appearance, in edited and unedited form, for any purpose related to the advertising or promotion of future Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation marketing projects.
8. Should any portion of this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement be judicially determined to be invalid, voidable, or unenforceable, for any reason, such portion of this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be severable from the remaining portions hereof and the invalidity, voidability, or unenforceability thereof shall not affect the validity, effect, enforceability, or interpretation of the remaining provisions of this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement. I have carefully read this Release, Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I sign of my own free will.
9. IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, I AGREE THAT I HAVE READ THIS PARTICIPANT RELEASE, WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT; THAT I UNDERSTAND IT AND SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY; THAT I AM AT LEAST EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD AND FULLY COMPETENT; THAT NO ORAL STATEMENTS APART FROM THIS RELEASE, WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MADE; AND THAT I EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THIS RELEASE, WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT IS INTENDED TO BE AS BROAD AS PERMITTED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF Rhode Island.
10. Furthermore, I agree that before, during and after this Event, I specifically agree to comply with all reasonable directions and instructions given by the Event coordinators.
TO SIGNIFY YOUR HAVING READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO ALL THE TERMS OF THIS RELEASE, WAIVER AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, click “Yes” and complete the 2018 Online Registration Form.