Welcome to my fundraising page!!
Please help me in supporting these agencies to end youth homelessness! I made my donation by paying my $50 registration fee, and I'm looking to double that number with some help!
Thank you xoxo
"The longer we allow young people to remain homeless, the worse their problems become and the greater their challenges in moving off the street. "
- In Canada, youth make up about 20 per cent of the homeless population.
- Suicide attempts amongst street-involved youth are 10.3 times that of the national average for Canadian youth.
- Mortality rates amongst youth experiencing homelessness are quite high, conservative estimate of up to 11 times the general youth population.
- 61 per cent of youth reported being either physically or sexually abused by an adult at some point in their lives.
- Youth who stay on the street for two years are less likely to leave – making an intervention within the first two years key to solving the problem.
Homeward Trust is excited to bring you the 5th annual Homeward Walk|Run. This year's event features a brand new course starting at Whitemud Park, complete with MORE signage and onsite contests! Get ready to party with DJ Sambou, a post event BBQ and fun for the whole family. You'll walk or run in this time event with 300 enthusiastic participants all running toward the same goal - ending youth homelessness in our community!
Head back to the Homeward Walk|Run website: www.homewardwalkrun.ca
|Anonymous Friend||05/13/2017||$5.00||Trisha Rymhs||05/13/2017||$25.00||Paula Backer||05/13/2017||$50.00|