Please upgrade your browser.
JLR Little Black Dress Initiative
Junior League of Riverside
The Little Black Dress Initiative is a fundraising and community awareness campaign to highlight the Junior League of Riverside, Inc's commitment to improving the lives of women and children in our community. During the week of February 6, 2017, JLR members along with League members throughout California, will be wearing the same black outfit to illustrate the effects poverty can have on women and children including lack of access to education and jobs. Our league is focusing on the need for families to have access to enough diapers to keep their infant or toddler, clean, dry and healthy.
Some facts about diaper need in our community.
- 19.8% of families with children under 18 in Riverside live below the poverty line
- The poverty rate for single mother homes is 40.1%
- 1 in 3 families experience diaper need
- Without diapers, children cannot attend day care or early childhood education programs
- Without day care, parents cannot work
Poverty is one of the greatest threats to a thriving and growing community so the Little Black Dress Initiative is a natural addition to JLR's continued service to improving our communities.
|Powered by NeonCRM|