Dear Lisa Pendleton,
The Barren River District Health Department is accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance Technician grade 11 to work at the Barren River District Health Department.
The minimum hourly rate is $10.40 with excellent benefits.
The minimum requirements are a high school diploma or GED and eighteen (18) months of education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair or a closely related area; high school diploma or GED and two (2) years experience in general maintenance that would include the ability to recognize electrical, plumbing and mechanical malfunctions or equipment failures.
This position will be in charge of maintenance at the eight (8) sites of the Barren River district which include buildings in Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalfe, Simpson and Warren counties. Job duties include:
· Performing custodial services as needed
· Performing routine preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment throughout the building (including off-site locations)
· Performing routine electrical, plumbing and HVAC duties
· Ensuring the completion of assigned maintenance work orders
· Performing non-contractual building and grounds-keeping duties (ex. painting, carpentry, drywall, snow removal, mowing)
· Assisting with moving furniture such as filing cabinets or desks
· Maintaining corporate vehicles (such as taking the cars for their oil changes, tire replacements, cleaning and detailing)
· Other duties as assigned
Travel will be required to other counties as needed. Applicant must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
Applicants will be screened then interviewed.
The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Applications may be picked up at any Barren River District Health Department or at www.barrenriverhealth.org/. Return completed application to: Human Resources Director, P.O. Box 1157, Bowling Green, KY 42102 by COB Friday October 6, 2017. EOE
Human Resources Manager
Barren River District Health Department
1109 State Street
Bowling Green, KY 42101
270-781-8039 ext. 117