Take a moment to learn more about the great opportunities U2FP is offering, as well as celebrate the excellent work being done with our partners in the SCI community.
2017 Working 2 Walk Conference (Oct 13th & 14th; Miami, FL)
Title Sponsor: The Miami Project To Cure Paralysis
- Hotel Accommodations: You can now book a room at the Miami Airport Hilton with our special group rate of $169/night. Please read our Venue/Lodging page carefully to ensure a successful booking experience. If you need an accessible room, don’t delay as they are limited and fill up fast.
- Speakers: We've just announced our first list of confirmed speakers - an outstanding group of cutting edge scientists, advocates and industry leaders. Presentations will be supplemented by panel discussions, Q & A sessions, and guided table discussions among the audience to strategize across stakeholder groups.
- Supporters: There is still time to join the Working 2 Walk team as a conference supporter. Our publicity efforts, web traffic, and social media conversations will increase steadily over the next several months; be a part of the buzz as an official W2W Supporter!
- Registration: Coming soon!
Cure Advocacy Network (C.A.N.)
Minnesota - The Minnesota SCI/TBI Research Program recently awarded $1 million dollars to 8 different grant proposals including 3 clinical trials for SCI, as well as some basic and translational science projects. This is especially due to the great work from the folks at GUSU2Cure!
Pennsylvania - The $1 million Pennsylvania Spinal Cord Disability Research Act passed out of Senate Committee a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Kate and Jake Chalfin, Leon Ford, Dave Zacks, Melissa and Alex Pitts, Kenneth Ryno, Mike Pellicano and Ben Stear for their strong leadership and execution of an effective letter-writing campaign. Check our Facebook page for updates on next week’s Senate vote and how you can continue to help.
Washington - Stay tuned for some very exciting legislative news coming next week!
Thanks to Canadian Spinal Research Organization (CSRO)!
Thanks to the Canadian Spinal Research Organization for their generous support this year. They have graciously provided targeted funding which has enabled U2FP to:
- Support our advocates working in Pennsylvania
- Meet with scientists, potential sponsors, & community members to generate interest for this year’s Working 2 Walk conference
- Attend the Tater Turnbull symposium and the Ontario SCI Research Network annual meeting where U2FP was able to have a presence for the first time.
Many thanks to CSRO!
P.S. U2FP is hosting a private fundraiser here in Minneapolis later in July to help us build the necessary capacity to grow these programs. If you have any interest in supporting or getting involved please email Matthew Rodreick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unite 2 Fight Paralysis 3078 Eliot Dr Hood River OR 97031 u2fp.org
The 12th Annual Working 2 Walk
Science & Advocacy Symposium
October 13-14, 2017
Like or follow us for more frequent research, recovery and advocacy updates
Amazon will donate .5% of your purchases to U2FP. Just click the link above.